School History

St. Paul Catholic School, a member of the schools of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, has served the Catholic and general population of Weirton since 1919. The school, currently preschool through eighth grade, was established from a mission need for the immigrant population of a growing industrial area. As a northern West Virginia town of Weirton grew into city status, the educational needs for the Catholic population increased as well.

The physical plant was completed in 1962 and was designed with great foresight. The u-shaped design is perfect for departmentalization and pre-school separation. Even though the school is located in the downtown area, it is recessed behind the church and is safe and aesthetically isolated from downtown traffic and distractions. Over the years, the building and furniture have undergone an extensive revitalization project. Security doors with cameras were installed in 2014 and our HVAC system project was completed in 2016.

St. Paul School now has two portable computer labs that includes 24 laptops and 30 ChromeBooks for first through fourth grades. Fifth through eighth grade students each have their own ChromeBook to use throughout their school day. Each classroom has a SMARTBoard installed to enhance curriculum.