St. Paul School Mission & Vision
St. Paul School is Strengthening Catholic values by providing excellence in education while serving God and one another.
St. Paul School is striving for excellence in education in a Christ-centered environment. We challenge and support each other to excel academically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially for the benefit of each other and the community, now and in the future.
About St. Paul School
St. Paul Catholic School, a member of the schools of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, has served the Catholic and general population of Weirton since 1924. The school was established from a need for the immigrant population of a growing industrial area. As the northern West Virginia town of Weirton grew into city status, the educational needs of the Catholic population increased as well.
The current building was completed in 1962 and was designed with great foresight. The u-shaped design is perfect for departmentalization and preschool separation. Even though the school is located in the downtown area, it is recessed behind the church and is safe and aesthetically isolated from downtown traffic and distractions. Over the years, the building and furniture have undergone extensive revitalization. Security doors with cameras were installed in 2014 and our HVAC system project was completed in 2016. In 2018 each classroom door was fitted with a Nightlock Lockdown security device; the existing security camera system was upgraded, and new cameras were installed to increase security. Security measures were again upgraded in 2020 and again in 2022-2023.
St. Paul Catholic School has 32 faculty and staff members available for almost 200 students. The preschool, kindergarten, and first through fourth are in self-contained taught classrooms while fifth and sixth grades change classes and enjoy the middle school setting that we provide. St. Paul Catholic School offers a well-rounded program that always strives for academic excellence while adding extracurricular activities in a safe and secure Christian atmosphere.
- Grades Kindergarten through sixth: 100 students
- 3 & 4-year-old Preschool: 40 students
- We have students From Wellsburg, Follansbee, Weirton, New Cumberland, and Chester West Virginia. We also have students from Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- We strive to maintain a 10:1 student to teacher ratio
- Academic Excellence
- Value-Centered Curriculum
- Athletic programs for middle school students
- Safe and secure environment
- Close proximity to Weirton Police and Fire Department
- Transportation through Weirton Transit for Hancock & Brooke County residents
- Hancock County and Burgettstown School District buses are available
- Preparation for sacraments
- Up-to-date technology
- One-to-one Chromebooks for grades K-6
- Fine Arts and Music Programs
- Accelerated Reader Program & Star Reading Assessments
- WV State approved Hot Lunch Program
- Full-time on-site Health Center
- Registered Nurse
- School counselor
- Before/After Care: beginning at 6:45 am and ending at 5:00 pm
St. Paul School always has opportunities for parents to become involved in our school’s day-to-day operations by volunteering. Here are a few volunteer opportunities that are always available:
- Kitchen and Cafeteria Volunteers
- Art Room Assistance
- Computer Lab Assistants
- PTO event assistance (Book Fair, Halloween Party, Open House, Candy Sales Distribution, etc.)
- Advancement Office Assistance
- and much more!
If you have time, talent, or treasures that you wish to share with St. Paul School please call the school office at (304)748-5225.
Thank you for supporting our school!
*ALL volunteers are REQUIRED to have completed VIRTUS training and a background check, please visit virtus.org