The following policies have been adopted to clearly articulate how enrollment decisions will be determined. If the application is received by the deadline and student meets the school’s admissions criteria, student will be further considered for enrollment. Students will be selected and placed in the school based on the maximum capacity of classrooms as set by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston according to the following categories in order:
- Currently enrolled students in good standing.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled.
- Students currently enrolled and in good standing at another school in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Catholic children of participating parishioners who are siblings or children of a graduate of the School.
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing and participating members of the School Parish (or if a central school, one of the participating parishes).*
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing, and participating members at another Catholic parish within the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.*
- Non-Catholic students (Non-Catholic students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received).
* Families can obtain a form from their parish that is to be signed by the pastor and submitted to the school at application.
- Students not selected for admission due to class size limits, will automatically be placed on a wait list.
- If an opening becomes available, students on the wait list will be given priority for those openings in the same order of preference as detailed in the Admission Eligibility protocols.
- The wait list will exist for the current academic year only.
- The wait list will be established after the enrollment process for the upcoming school year has ended and will terminate when that school year ends.
St. Paul is committed to Academic Excellence!
- NCEA Accreditation
- Certified Teachers
- Differentiated Instruction
- 85% Honor Roll Rate
- Speech Pathologist
- Title 1 Teacher (interventionist)
- Instructional Resource Assistants (Small Group Instruction)
- Strong parental involvement and family-oriented
Core Classes Offered:
- Catholic Doctrine – Christ Our Life Religious Series
- English Language Arts – Reading Street by Scott-Foresman. Reading (Literature, Informational Text, & Foundational Skills), Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language
- Mathematics-*enVision Math by Scott-Foresman Addison-Wesley
- The program’s philosophy is planned and designed for understanding. The problem-based instruction gets students actively engaged in thinking about a problem. This approach shows students that their thinking is valued. Algebra is included from kindergarten through grade six. Mathematics and literature (cross-cultural non-fiction) are combined, showing mathematics in the real world. Books in grades K-2 libraries are by Stuart J. Murphy, an expert in visual learning.
- Science – Earth, Physical, Biology, Chemistry, Astronomy, Geology, Zoology
- Social Studies – U.S. History/Civics/WV History/Geography
- Fine Arts – Music/Art/Computer/Physical Education
- Computer Lab – Coding & Robotics, STEM, TechnoKids Curriculum/Internet Access/Smart Board Technology
- Accelerated Reader in Grades 1-6
We celebrate the success of our students not only in the classroom and in the community, but also in athletics. St. Paul School participates in the Wheeling Catholic League and Buckeye Mountain Athletic Conference.
Sports Offered at SPS:
Girls Basketball (5/6)
Boys Basketball (5/6)
Girls Volleyball (5/6)
Girls on the Run (3-6th)
For more information, please call the school office at 304-748-5225.
The main goal of St. Paul School’s before and aftercare is to provide a safe, secure, and enriching atmosphere where the children receive quality care. Children must be enrolled in St. Paul Catholic School to receive this service.
This program is offered to serve working families of St. Paul School who desire both Catholic school education and supplemental daycare in a Christian environment for their children.
- 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM
- 12:30 PM – 5:00 PM
If later than 5:00, please call the school (304) 748-5225.
Please call the school office a day ahead of time if a child needs to utilize the morning program and/or to stay after 5:30 PM (if the child is not scheduled to come in the morning, there may not be anyone onsite).
Hourly Fee: $5.00
Registration Fee: $25.00
Registration Fee is non-refundable and covers insurance, supplies, and initial set-up costs. Fees are paid once a year and must be paid before children can use this program. Registrations are taken at any time during the school year.
There is a minimum of one-hour fee per day. Monthly statements will be sent to the home address.
More detailed information is available at the school office or by calling (304) 748-5225.
Download the aftercare registration form here!